From SenseCam Wiki
The SenseCam device was originally described in a paper at The Eighth International Conference on Ubiquitous Computing, 2006. This is a good paper to cite for a background on the technology and the first clinical trial.
- Paul Kelly, Aiden Doherty, Emma Berry, Steve Hodges, Alan M Batterham and Charlie Foster. Can we use digital life-log images to investigate active and sedentary travel behaviour? Results from a pilot study. International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity 2011, 8:44
- Aiden Doherty, Niamh Caprani, Ciarán Ó Conaire, Vaiva Kalnikaitė, Cathal Gurrin, Alan Smeaton, Noel O'Connor. Passively recognising human activities through lifelogging. Computers in Human Behavior, Volume 27, Issue 5, September 2011, Pages 1948-1958, Elsevier
- Proceedings of the 2nd Workshop on Information Access to Personal Media Archives. Aiden R. Doherty, Kieron O'Hara, Kiyoharu Aizawa, Niamh Caprani and Alan F. Smeaton (Eds.), 18 April 2011, Dublin, Ireland, ISBN 1872-327-974.
- Proceedings of the Second Annual SenseCam Symposium. Emma Berry, Daragh Byrne, Aiden R. Doherty, Cathal Gurrin and Alan F. Smeaton (Eds.), 16-17 September, Dublin, Ireland, ISBN 1872-327-915.
- Abigail Sellen and Steve Whittaker (2010), Beyond total capture: A constructive critique of lifelogging., in Communications of the ACM, Association for Computing Machinery, Inc.
- Siân E. Lindley, Eduardo H. Calvillo Gámez, and Juan José Gámez Leija (2010), Remembering rituals of remembrance: Capturing Xantolo through SenseCam, in CHI 2010 workshop on HCI at the End of Life.
- Vaiva Kalnikaite, Abigail Sellen, Steve Whittaker, and Dave Kirk (2010), Now let me see where I was: Understanding how Lifelogs mediate memory, in Proceedings of CHI 2010, Association for Computing Machinery, Inc.
- Niamh Caprani, Aiden R. Doherty, Hyowon Lee, Alan F. Smeaton, Noel E. O’Connor & Cathal Gurrin, (2010) Designing a Touch-Screen SenseCam Browser to Support an Aging Population, CHI'10 – 28th ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, 10-15 April, 2010, Atlanta Georgia, USA.
- Yi Chen & Gareth J. F. Jones (2010). Augmenting Human Memory using Personal Lifelogs In Augmented Human Conference, April 2-3, 2010, Megeve, France.
- Aiden R. Doherty and Alan F. Smeaton (2010) Automatically Augmenting Lifelog Events using Pervasively Generated Content from Millions of People In: SENSORS 2010, vol 10, no. 3, pp 1423-1446, MDPI. Published 26th February 2010
- Sara Ljungblad (2009) Passive photography from a creative perspective: "If I would just shoot the same thing for seven days, it's like... What's the point?", Proceedings of the 27th international conference on Human factors in computing systems, April 04-09, 2009, Boston, MA, USA
- Aiden R. Doherty and Cathal Gurrin and Alan F. Smeaton (2009) "Utilising contextual memory retrieval cues and the ubiquity of the cell phone to review lifelogged physiological activities", In: EIMM 2009 – 1st ACM International Workshop on Events in Multimedia, pp49-46, 23 October 2009, Beijing, China.
- David H. Nguyen, Gabriela Marcu, Gillian R. Hayes, Khai N. Truong, James Scott, Marc Langheinrich and Christof Roduner (2009). "Encountering SenseCam: personal recording technologies in everyday life", Proceedings of the 11th international conference on Ubiquitous computing, Orlando, Florida, USA.
- Daragh Byrne, Aiden R. Doherty, Cees G.M. Snoek, Gareth J.F. Jones, Alan F. Smeaton (2009). "Everyday Concept Detection in Visual Lifelogs: Validation, Relationships and Trends", Multimedia Tools and Applications, ISSN 1573-7721 (In Press), 2009.
- Bell, G. and Gemmell, J. Total Recall: How the E-Memory Revolution Will Change Everything, Penguin Books, 2009.
- Siân E. Lindley, Richard Harper, Dave Randall, Maxine Glancy and Nicola Smyth (2009). "Fixed in time and "time in motion: mobility of vision through a SenseCam lens", Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction with Mobile Devices and Services, September 15-18th, Bonn, Germany.
- Berry, E., Hampshire, A, Rowe, J., Hodges, S., Kapur, N., Watson, P., Browne, G., Smyth, G., Wood, K. & Owen, A. (2009) The neural basis of effective memory therapy in a patient with limbic encephalitis. Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery, and Psychiatry with Practical Neurology, 2009.
- Kumpulainen S, Jarvelin K, Serola S, Doherty A.R, Byrne D, Smeaton A.F, & Jones G. (2009). Data Collection Methods for Analyzing Task-Based Information Access in Molecular Medicine. MobiHealthInf 2009 - 1st International Workshop on Mobilizing Health Information to Support Healthcare-related Knowledge Work, Porto, Portugal, 16 January 2009.
- Ó Conaire, C., Blighe, M. & O'Connor, N. E. (2009) SenseCam image localisation using hierarchical SURF trees. In: MMM 2009 - 15th International Multimedia Modeling Conference, 7-9 January 2009, Sophia-Antipolis, France.
- Doherty, Aiden R. (2009) Providing effective memory retrieval cues through automatic structuring and augmentation of a lifelog of images. PhD thesis, Dublin City University.
- Bowen, M. (2008).An investigation of the therapeutic efficacy of SenseCam as an autobiographical memory aid in a patient with temporal lobe amnesia. University of Exeter MSc project. October 2008.
- Byrne D, Doherty A.R., Snoek C.G.M., Jones G.F., & Smeaton A.F. (2008). Validating the Detection of Everyday Concepts in Visual Lifelogs. SAMT 2008 – 3rd International Conference on Semantic and Digital Media Technologies, Koblenz, Germany, 3-5 December 2008.
- Doherty A.R, Ó Conaire C, Blighe M, Smeaton A.F, & O’Connor N. (2008). Combining Image Descriptors to Effectively Retrieve Events from Visual Lifelogs. MIR 2008 – ACM International Conference on Multimedia Information Retrieval, Vancouver, Canada, 30-31 October 2008.
- Lee H, Smeaton A.F, O’Connor N, Jones G, Blighe M, Byrne D, Doherty A.R, & Gurrin G. (2008). Constructing a SenseCam Visual Diary as a Media Process. Multimedia Systems Journal, Special Issue on Canonical Processes of Media Production, Vol. 14, No. 6, 2008 pp341-349
- Byrne D, Doherty A, Smeaton A.F, Jones G, Kumpulainen S and Jarvelin K. (2008). The SenseCam as a Tool for Task Observation. HCI 2008 - 22nd BCS HCI Group Conference, Liverpool, U.K., 1-5 September 2008
- Blighe M, Doherty A, Smeaton A.F and O'Connor N. Keyframe Detection in Visual Lifelogs. (2008). PETRA 2008 -1st International Conference on Pervasive Technologies Related to Assistive Environments, Athens, Greece, 15-19 July 2008.
- Doherty A and Smeaton A.F. (2008). Combining Face Detection and Novelty to Identify Important Events in a Visual Lifelog. CIT 2008 - IEEE International Conference on Computer and Information Technology, Workshop on Image- and Video-based Pattern Analysis and Applications, Sydney, Australia, 8-11 July 2008.
- Doherty A, Byrne D, Smeaton A.F, Jones G, and Hughes M. (2008). Investigating Keyframe Selection Methods in the Novel Domain of Passively Captured Visual Lifelogs. CIVR 2008 - ACM International Conference on Image and Video Retrieval, Niagara Falls, Canada, 7-9 July 2008.
- Doherty A and Smeaton A.F. (2008). Structuring and Augmenting a Visual Personal Diary. VGV08 - Irish Graduate Student Symposium on Vision, Graphics and Visualisation, Dublin, Ireland, 5 June 2008.
- Doherty A and Smeaton A.F. (2008). Automatically Segmenting Lifelog Data Into Events. WIAMIS 2008 - 9th International Workshop on Image Analysis for Multimedia Interactive Services, Klagenfurt, Austria, 7-9 May 2008.
- Berry, E., Kapur, N., Williams, L., Hodges, S., Watson, P., Smyth, G., Srinivasan, J., Smith, R., Wilson, B. & Wood, K. (2007). The use of a wearable camera, SenseCam, as a pictorial diary to improve autobiographical memory in a patient with limbic encephalitis . Special issue of Neuropsychological Rehabilitation 2007, 17 (4/5), 582-681, “Encephalitis: Assessment and Rehabilitation Across the Lifespan (Special Issue of Neuropsychological Rehabilitation)”.
- Harper, R., Randall, D., Smyth, N., Evans, C., Heledd. L. & Moore. R. (2007).Thanks for the Memory. HCI 2007.
- Sellen, A., Fogg, A., Aitken, M., Hodges, S., Rother, C., & Wood, K. (2007). Do life-logging technologies support memory for the past? An experimental study using SenseCam. Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, CHI ’07, Irvine, CA, (2007), 81-90.
- Tan, D., Sellen, A., Czerwinski, M., Bell, G., Gemmell, J., Wood, K., Robertson, G., Oliver, N., Berry, E., Hodges, S., & Kapur, N. (2007). Supporting human memory with a personal digital lifetime store. In J. Teevan and W. Jones (Eds.), Personal Information Management: Challenges and Opportunities, University of Washington Press, 2007.
- Byrne D, Lavelle B, Doherty A, Jones G and Smeaton A.F. (2007). Using Bluetooth and GPS Metadata to Measure Event Similarity in SenseCam Images. IMAI'07 - 5th International Conference on Intelligent Multimedia and Ambient Intelligence, Salt Lake City, Utah, 22-24 July 2007. (pp1454-1460)
- Doherty A, Smeaton A.F, Lee K Ellis D. (2007). Multimodal Segmentation of Lifelog Data. RIAO 2007 - Large-Scale Semantic Access to Content (Text, Image, Video and Sound), Pittsburgh, PA, USA, 30 May - 1 June 2007.
- Berry, E., Conway, M., Moulin, C., Williams, H., Hodges, S., Williams, L., Wood, K. & Smith, G. (2006). Stimulating episodic memory: Initial explorations using SenseCam. Abstracts of the Psychonomic Society. 47th Annual Meeting, 11, 56-57. Oxford University Press.
- Blighe M, Le Borgne H, O'Connor N, Smeaton A.F and Jones G. (2006). Exploiting Context Information to aid Landmark Detection in SenseCam Images. ECHISE 2006 - 2nd International Workshop on Exploiting Context Histories in Smart Environments - Infrastructures and Design, 8th International Conference of Ubiquitous Computing (Ubicomp 2006), Orange County, CA, 17-21 September 2006.
- Fleck, R & Fitzpatrick, G., (2006). Supporting reflection with passive image capture. Supplementary proceedings of COOP'06, Carry-le-Rouet, France. pp.41-48.
- Hodges, S. , Williams, L., Berry, E., Izadi, S., Srinivasan, J., Butler, A., Smyth, G, Kapur, N., & Wood, K. (2006). SenseCam: A Retrospective Memory Aid. In Dourish and A. Friday (Eds.): Ubicomp 2006, LNCS 4206, pp. 177 – 193. Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg.
- Yang, S., Congleton, B., Luc, G., Pérez-Quiñones, M.A., Fox, E.A. (2006) Demonstrating the use of a SenseCam in two domains, International Conference on Digital Libraries archive, Proceedings of the 6th ACM/IEEE-CS joint conference on Digital libraries, 2006.
- Cherry, S. Total recall life recording software, IEEE Spectrum, volume 42, pp24-30, November 2005.
- Fleck, R. Exploring SenseCam to inform the design of image capture and replay devices for supporting reflection In E. Martinez-Miron and D. Brewster (Eds) Advancing the potential for communication, learning and interaction, 8th Human Centred Technology Postgraduate Workshop, Department of Informatics, University of Sussex, Brighton, UK, 2005.