As part of graduate training within CLARITY, every PhD student will have the opportunity of a three month industry placement. Initially, this programme will start with current CLARITY industrial partners, but in time other industry companies will be brought on board via industry outreach activities.
This not only serves as a practical mechanism for linking postgraduate education and industry, but will also be a mutually beneficial project which will enable enhancement of the educational experience and significantly contribute to student’s research programme.
Benefits for students
These placements will give the student researchers:
- An opportunity to understand real problems faced by industry
- Information, which will help to ground the research programme
- Practical experience, working in an industry environment
Benefits for industry partners
These placements will give the industry partners:
- An early sight and deeper understanding of CLARITY technology
- An opportunity for structured ramp-up toward embedded research or innovation partnerships
Benefits for CLARITY
These placements will
- Serve as practical mechanism to deepen and extend industry partnership allow re-alignment of research and demonstrator work programmes
For more information contact Dr Bridget Kelly, Education and Outreach officer- bridget.kelly(at)ucd.ie